These delicious, decadent truffles have a secret ingredient. Can you guess what it is? No? Well than you’re going to have to read on my friend!
I finally had a minute to myself during naps after chasing kids back and forth from the swings, to the pool, to the deck and back. Whew, what a day. It was a long day but a good one and one good thing that came out of it (besides seeing my babies laugh and play) was creating these yummy things. Seriously, friend they are amazing and you’ll never guess what the secret ingredient is!
I decided to do walnuts and coconut once being were ready to roll into balls and what a great choice that was! The coconut is good, but in my opinion the walnuts take it to a whole nother level and let me tell you, these might give Steels Fudge a run for their money! The flavor is just about identical AND, they are completely HEALTHY to eat so by all means eat plenty! Nom, nom, nom!!!!
Are you dying for the secret to these?!?!? Ok here it is, AVOCADOS!!!!! YES!!!! And the best part is, if you didn’t know, you would have NO IDEA they were in there. Seriously try it yourself!
The recipe for these truffles are:
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- 1 1/2 tbsp of Grade B syrup (I use McLures Pure Maple Syrup from here)
- Pinch of salt (this brand)
- 3/4 cup of dairy free chocolate chips ( I use this brand)
- 1 tsp cacao powder ( I use this brand)
- 1/2 large avocado
- Mix the vanilla, syrup, salt, and chocolate. Melt the chocolate down in the microwave in 20 second increments until mixture is melted and like a thick consistency.
- Next, you add the avocado to the chocolate mixture and hand mix it till the avocado is completely absorbed, or you can use a hand mixer or food processor as well.
- One the mixture is mixed thoroughly and cooled down, roll into balls and coat in either finely shredded coconut and/or crushed walnut.
- Enjoy! Store in refrigerator for up to a week (if they last that long) or freeze to keep fresh.
Please try these and give me your thoughts!! I would love to hear about how much you loved them as well!