You can never go wrong with Banana Muffins! These sweet treats will be sure to hit the spot – read on for the recipe.
This muffin recipe has quickly become one that I make constantly! My entire family loves them so much that I can’t keep them in the house for more than 2 days!!! They are super moist with tons of flavor and the best part is, they are grain free and guilt free.
Don’t you just want to bite into this picture? I know I do! Ok enough anticipation already! These muffins only take about 10-15 minutes to whip up and about 20 minutes in the oven! Here’s the recipe:
•Paleo Banana Almond Butter Muffins•
*Makes a dozen muffins
2 overripe medium bananas, mashed
½ cup unsweetened almond butter, (creamy is preferred &a I use this brand)
¼ cup grade B syrup (I use & love McLures Pure Maple Syrup)
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 and ¼ cup blanched almond flour (I use this brand)
⅓ cup potato starch (I use this brand)
1 tsp baking soda
generous pinch salt
Mini dairy free, soy free chocolate chips (I use Enjoy Life brand)
1. Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees and grease a 12 cup muffin pan with coconut oil or line with muffin liners.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs with the mashed bananas, almond butter, syrup, and vanilla extract. In a separate bowl, combine the almond flour, potato starch, baking soda and pinch of salt.
3. Stir the dry ingredients into the wet mixture until just combined, don’t over-mix. If adding chocolate chips, raisins or chopped nuts, gently stir in about 1/2 cup.
4. Spoon the batter evenly among the muffin cups to fill about ¾ of the way. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes or until edges begin to brown and centers are just set.
5. Cool in the muffin pan for about 2 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to fully cool. Enjoy!
I sometimes like to make these muffins into a loaf and eat with dairy free, soy free vanilla ice cream! Enjoy!!