This dessert is such a quick and easy dessert to make and it is so beautiful! It’s definitely one that will have your guests thinking you’re the next big thing!
Hands down this beautiful dessert is my FAVORITE to make! It’s super easy, it’s texture is lite, airy and just sweet enough but not too sweet and it’s got all that “WOW!” factor too! It really encompasses a lot.
You can make these pavlovas as mini elegant desserts, or as one big dessert perfect for a BBQ or birthday party.
The recipe is pretty easy.
You will need to make the meringue the night before and let it cool and sit overnight in your oven without opening your oven door. That is key! How do you make it? Ok here it is.
4 egg whites
1 c. of super fine sugar (or you can blend yours like I do) – white or coconut sugar.
1 tsp of white vinegar
1 tbsp. of corn starch
fruit of your choice
1 tbsp. of vanilla extract
1 can of chilled (overnight) organic full fat coconut milk
1 tbsp. of Grade B maple syrup
Directions for Pavlova:
• Beat the egg whites, white vinegar, super fine sugar and corn starch on high for 10 minutes.
• Pre-heat oven at 350 and drop down to 250 when you’re ready to put the pavlova in. Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes and shut off the oven, leaving the pavlova in there overnight to settle and firm up. DO NOT OPEN THE OVEN DOOR DURING THIS TIME.
• Line a pan with parchment paper and put the pavlova on top of there and spread out in a 8 x 8 size circle on the sheet.
Directions for homemade Coconut Whip:
• In a stand mixer, mix together the syrup, vanilla and full-fat coconut milk. Mix until thick, like whipped cream.
• Top with whipped cream & fruit of your choice.
Enjoy and prepare to be “wowed”!!!
Happy 4th of July!!!