If you could pick only 5 things that you could have to tackle motherhood and your daily day-to-day tasks, what would they be? Today I’m sharing what my top 5 picks would be.
Everytime my husband is home he always, and I repeat ALWAYS, waits till I’m a sweaty mess from cleaning up after everyone and haven’t had a shower (don’t judge) to say, “I can’t sit home. Get the kids dressed and let’s go out.” My response, every time, is “What?!?!?!?!?!? You couldn’t have told me this 2 hours ago?????” By this point he’s aggravated that we are still standing here talking about it and not in the car heading to who knows where.
Now,…..knowing I have maybe 15 minutes to change the baby, put a new diaper on him, do his hair, dress him, dress my daughter, make sure she pees before we leave the house so she doesn’t have any accidents (#momlife), brush and braid her hair, and find matching shoes for both of them (because they are obsessed with their rain boots and love to wear mismatched shoes on the opposite feet)…then I have about 72 seconds left for me. What do I scramble to grab and make sure I have before we leave? In order:
- Clothes. My favorite Lularoe black leggings, probably a tshirt from Lush or BP., & my Tory Burch sandals or Vans fashion sneakers.
- Makeup Bag. I can not live without my Benefit mascara, Anastasia brow pencil, and MAC Faux lipstick. All other makeup I could do without but those things I would need so defintely my makeup bag.
- My City Mini Double Stroller. Enough said- I could NOT live without this thing. It’s a G A M E C H A N G E R and it makes mom life a heck of a lot easier.
- Tea. For when I come home from an exhausting day and I just need to unwind and do “me”.
- And last but not least, showers or, if I’m lucky, a bath. At the end of the day after being forced out of the house without a shower that’s all I want to do is stand under that hot water till it runs cold and just relax. Am I right or am I right?!
What are 5 things you can’t live without? I’d love to hear what they are!